The investment objective of the Fund is to achieve superior long-term investment returns primarily through capital appreciation in a portfolio of mostly equity and equity-linked securities.
An investor in the Smedley Special Opportunities Fund is an accredited investor willing to assume more volatility in return for greater long-term capital appreciation.
Units of the Fund are offered for sale on a continuous basis in accordance with applicable securities legislation in the Provinces of Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta and Manitoba in reliance upon exemptions from the requirements to prepare and deliver a prospectus.
The minimum initial investment is $150,000 (or such lesser amount as may be accepted by the Trustee and permitted under applicable securities laws). For further information, including information about the Offering Memorandum, please click here and we will contact you.
To achieve the Fund’s investment objective, the Manager employs the following investment strategies:
- Maintaining a diversified, long-term portfolio consisting primarily of equity and equity-linked securities
- Applying a principally bottom-up stock selection strategy, with top-down considerations
- Investing in securities regarded as special opportunities by virtue of having special features or being strongly linked with special events, corporate or otherwise, or experiencing special situations or a change in an issuer’s business
- Although the emphasis is expected to be on investments in Canada, investments may be made in issuers in markets other than Canada
- Employing leverage in an effort to enhance returns, when deemed advisable
To request further information about this Fund, please contact us.